Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Midnight- Satanic Royalty (2011)

Hopefully you dug that Midnight compilation I posted a few weeks back. After eight years of existence and a slew of EPs and splits, Midnight has finally released their first full length and goddamn does it rule. Satanic Royalty is a lot less raw sounding than even the better produced tracks on Complete And Total Fucking Midnight. I suspect that for some this will dispel much of the charm that Midnight once held, but I think they benefit from the better production. The riffs on this album are too awesome not to be heard and that tinny, recorded in a trashcan under water sound would really detract from these songs. The better recording also makes it clear just how awesome Athenar's vocals are, one of my favorite metal vocal performances of the year for sure. I can't overstate how rad this album is, it's like shotgunning beers with Satan or something. 

Midnight on last.fm



Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment