Not sure why I'm just getting around to posting this album now. Been thoroughly enjoying it for a number of months, it's among my favorites of the year.
Some people write Algernon Cadwallader off as Cap'n Jazz worship and leave it at that. It's not hard to see why, the jangly guitar, sloppiness and raw, screechy vocals that Algernon Cadwallader employ were the essence of Cap'n Jazz. But I think you'd be missing out if you don't give Algernon Cadwallader a fair shake. Does it sound like just about every band the Kinsella's have ever been in (include Make Believe and American Football in that mix)? Sure, but it's also played with an ebullience, swagger and youthful passion that I haven't heard since Meneguar broke up, and that's saying something.
I was hoping to come up with something witty to say about all the hooks on this album, but fuck it, just download it.
Algernon Cadwallader on last.fm
Get it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment