I really enjoyed the Sperm Of The Antichrist demo that I came across a few years ago, so when I heard a track on a Hells Headbangers Records compilation that sounded exactly like Sperm Of The Antichrist I was intrigued. Turns out they changed their name to Void Meditation Cult and are currently working on material for a full length. Sweet!
Not sure which (if any) of you this will appeal to, but having grown up a punk rock kid who dabbled in crust, I've always had an affinity for the ugly and grimy in music. The first time I heard Mental Funeral by Autopsy I remember thinking to myself something along the lines of "Fuck yeah! This is exactly what I'm looking for!" Void Meditation Cult definitely have a bit of an Autopsy vibe, playing ugly, primitive...ummm... deathened black/doom?....doomed black/death?...blackened black/death/doom/black?....whatever, none of you are going to enjoy this.
Void Meditation Cult on last.fm
Get it here.
*Bonus* Sperm Of The Antichrist- Blight And Darkness
No comments:
Post a Comment