Monday, September 26, 2011

The Men- Immaculada (2010)

Immaculada is one of my better finds of late, really digging it. This sinus infection I have is less awesome, however. The Men are a noise rock band from Brooklyn, NY. I don't think noise rock quite captures their sound, but certainly if The Men have an overarching philosophy it's something along the lines of "if it's noisy and loud, we're into it." There's a good bit of variance from track to track, but here's some of the stuff I'm reminded of when listening to The Men: Black Flag, Dinosaur Jr., Bleach era Nirvana, My Bloody Valentine, Bone Awl (that song kinda comes out of left field), Earth and perhaps less surprisingly, some of the Am Rep roster. So I guess that would make The Men a noise rock/punk/grunge/alternative/shoegaze/black metal/drone band. Yep, that sounds about right.

They also put out an album this year that I'm getting right now. If it rules anywhere near as much as this album I'll throw it up on the blog. 

The Men on last.fm



Get it here. (It's a .zip Blaine. You really need to find an .rar extractor)

No comments:

Post a Comment