Monday, August 15, 2011

Crucifix- Dehumanization (1983)

I realized I haven't posted much (if any) punk rock on here. Since I've been on a huge late 70's/early 80's punk/hardcore kick recently I'm going to post some.

There are few records that meant more to me than Dehumanization when I was in midde/high school. Though Crucifix never received the same recognition as their San Francisco peers The Dead Kennedys and Millions of Dead Cops, this album is generally recognized as a a classic, though the words "underrated" and "overlooked" are frequently used in same sentence. Politically and aesthetically Crucifix were in league with the English peace punk scene and bands like Crass and Flux of Pink Indians (this album was released by Corpus Christi, an offshoot of Crass Records). Musically they were Discharge on amphetamines, combining d-beat with the blistering speed of early hardcore bands such as Black Flag and Bad Brains. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Discharge, but this record rips way harder than any of their output. Check it out.

Crucifix on last.fm



Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment