Wednesday, January 25, 2012
The Future
As you may well be aware, in the wake of the Megaupload take down, the majority of file hosting sites (like Mediafire, my preferred site) are removing infringing content, blocking US IP addresses, only allowing downloads of files you have uploaded personally and more. Right now it seems that the majority of albums I have posted on here are still up. I'm hoping the reason for this is that much of what I post here is non-RIAA affiliated, so they have no goddamn business demanding demanding Mediafire take down copyrighted content that is not theirs. We'll see how everything shakes out, but right now it seems that a number of my favorite blogs are closing their doors. I'm not planning on stopping, especially since all of the links I provide are taken from other sites and I'm not really in danger as a I haven't uploaded anything to a file hosting site. It may be that I'll just have to start linking to albums in Spotify or something of the sort, but we'll soldier on, just give me a little time to figure out what to do next. As always, if you have any suggestions, leave 'em in the Cbox.
Labels:
administrivia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment